Counselling & Health Solutions
The Unison Fund offers two platforms to access Health & Counselling Solutions, Telus Health (Formerly Lifeworks) (a free confidential hotline and online resources), and Togetherall (an online peer-to-peer mental health community).
BEFORE ACCESSING THESE SERVICES, PLEASE REGISTER WITH UNISON.
Individuals experiencing a crisis situation can speak to a counselor immediately by calling 1-855-9UNISON (1-855-986-4766).
Whether you have questions about handling stress at work and home, parenting and child care, managing money, or health issues, you can turn to Telus Health (Formerly Lifeworks) for a confidential service that you can trust.
3 easy ways to connect with Telus Health (Formerly Lifeworks):
Telus Health makes it easy. Call them, go online, or download their app to access information and resources.
- By toll-free number: 1-855-9UNISON (1-855-986-4766) This service is confidential, you can call any time, 24/7, 365 days a year, to speak with an advisor. A caring, professional member of the team will help you talk through your concerns and help you find solutions.
- Online at the-unison-fund.lifeworks.com: In addition to telephonic support, your have access to a personalized online network: the-unison-fund.lifeworks.com. Providing a variety of resources, tools and features for Canadian music workers and their immediate families. General login credentials are below. Use the general login to take a look around, once logged in if you wish to use some of these tools you’ll be prompted to create a personal account.
User ID: unisonfund PW: eap
Eligible dependent family members can also access the platform. Each registered Unison user can invite their family members by clicking their Profile, select Family and Invite Family Members.
- By free mobile app for iOS or Android: Access support and resources on the go from your smartphone. Need to connect with a consultant? With the app, you can call us with just one tap.
Telus Health offers support with mental, financial, physical and emotional wellbeing.
Counselling services are available in both official languages—English and French—and will also have the option of communicating in their choice of 250 additional languages and dialects through advanced translation services provided by LanguageLine Solutions.
This service is also fully prepared to serve hearing-impaired clients through Telephone Devices for the Deaf (TTY) and a variety of online modalities.
Who can use the Unison sponsored support line?
The line is provided for Canadian music industry professionals and their immediate family. For more information on eligibility, please visit the registration page. Do you have additional questions? Please see our Frequently Asked Questions.
Who will I be speaking to?
The counselling and health solutions support line is provided by Telus Health (Formely Lifeworks). Counselling is provided by a multidisciplinary team of accredited professionals who hold master’s degrees or PhDs in the fields of psychology or clinical social work.
What happens when I call?
When you contact the support line, you will be asked a series of questions to open your file and to match you with the right resources. Please make sure you indicate whether or not they can leave voicemail messages on the phone number you provide to them. Your privacy and confidentiality is of utmost importance to Unison.
Should you have to re-contact the support line at a later date to access additional resources or make a change, you will be asked some questions to identify yourself, so the support line is able to match you to your file. This procedure is to ensure they are speaking with the right person, and to ensure your privacy and confidentiality.
How is my privacy protected?
As a further professional privacy protocol, all counselling records of your confidential discussions with your counsellor are not accessible to the people answering the support line, which is why they will ask questions to clarify your identity.
If the support line has to reach out and contact you by telephone, the call will come through as a blocked or private call – this is to ensure privacy and confidentiality.
What support is available when I contact Telus Health (formerly LifeWorks)?
Counselling can be provided over the phone or online, and can address a wide range of topics. Telus Health’ counselling is flexible, short-term, solution-focused, and geared towards the specific individual needs.
- In-person counselling
- Video Counselling
- Group Counselling – available for a few presenting issues: Anxiety, Parenting, and Communication
- First Chat
- Counsellor-Assisted Online Programs
You may also be referred to helpful agencies and organizations in your community.
Counselling can be provided to address a wide range of topics including but not limited to:
- Stress & Life Management
- Depression, Anxiety, Grief, Loss, Anger, & Violence
- Relationships, Life Changes, Family Matters, Parenting
- Substance Abuse, Addictions, Smoking Cessation
- Career Support & Resiliency Coaching
- Pre-Retirement Planning (Lifestyle Planning)
- Personal Traumatic Events
WorkLife Solutions Services:
- Eldercare Consultation
- Childcare Consultation
- Community Referrals
- Health & Wellbeing Online Programs
- Virtual Fitness Program
- Financial Consultation
- Legal Consultation
- Nutritional Counselling
Telus Health (formerly LifeWorks) Online Services
Not only offers access to professional counsellors through their phone line, but they also offer online programs, such as resources and tools, including News Feed, a wealth of well-being content, and exclusive Perks and special offers.
The online service gives you access to a range of programs designed to help with Anxiety, Depression, and Stress while we will make sure to improve our offerings and add new topics continuously. It gives you the flexibility you need to choose your own path when it comes to care – from participating in exercises and taking assessments, to listening to podcasts and watching videos – all focused on positive behavioural change
The Wellbeing platform (mobile app and website) are available in 51 languages with additional languages.
Togetherall offers an online anonymous community where you can seek advice from like-minded individuals, share experiences and offer insight to peers in a safe space.
Moderated by professionals to keep you safe, Togetherall is available 24/7 and free for ALL Unison registered members (aged 16+) to use while offering a safe, anonymous, judgment-free space. Canadian music workers can join the Togetherall community for free, to learn more visit, unisonfund.ca/togetherall